What's new

Welcome to Pinoy Tech Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Latest Thread

Auto compute amount base on item count input using jQuery and HTML

RaideN

Well-known Netizen
Notable
𝖩𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽
Dec 8, 2020
𝖬𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾𝗌
𝖱𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝖲𝖼𝗈𝗋𝖾
𝖯𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗌
Multiverse
Shekels
₪640
Hi Guys just wanna share this little information on how you can auto compute a subtotal and total amount, this is just a simple code that everyone can use for learning.

These are the needed requirements to start creating a simple html file.
1. Editor (you can use any editor including notepad.exe).
List of editor that I'm using.​
  • SUBLIME
  • NOTEPAD++
  • VISUAL STUDIO CODE
2. Browser.exe
3. Brain.exe 🧠

Screenshot of the html run on the browser.
NOTE:
• The URL is just the location where the html file is located so even if you don't have an internet you can still run the html file thru your browser.
1613646670385.png

This javascript + jQuery help me to compute the given amount base on the input value on the HTML code.
JavaScript:
$('.bills').on('blur',function(){
    var bills = $(this).val();
  var subTotal = $(this).parent().next().find('input.subTotal').data('value');

var newSubT = parseInt(bills) * parseInt(subTotal);

$(this).parent().next().find('input.subTotal').val(newSubT);
  var sum = 0;
  $('.subTotal').each(function(){
          sum += parseInt($(this).val());
  });

console.log(sum);

$('#total').val(sum);
});

This is the basis on what you can see on the html file when you run it on the browser like you can see on the screenshot above.
HTML:
<table>
<th>AMOUNT</th>
<th>ITEM COUNT</th>
<th>SUBTOTAL</th>
<tr>
<td>1000</td>
<td><input type="text" name="t1000" id="t1000" value="1" class="bills"></td>
<td><input type="text" name="t1000sub" id="t1000sub" data-value="1000" value="1000" class="subTotal" readonly>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>500</td>
<td><input type="text" name="t500" id="t500" value="1" class="bills"></td>
<td><input type="text" name="t500sub" id="t500sub" data-value="500" value="500" class="subTotal" readonly></td>
</tr>
<tr >
<td rowspan='2'></td>
<td >TOTAL :</td>
<td><input type="text" name="total" id="total" value="0" class="Total" readonly></td>
</tr>
</table>

JSFIDDLE LINK
- created by me.

I attached the sample html file so you can download and experiment on it.

NOTE to OTHER DEV OUT THERE
• I'm still learning as a web developer, so I'm hoping that we can respect and help each other when it comes to sharing information and knowledge of what we do, to people who wants to learn and become part of our industry. Sorry for my bad English I'm trying lol 😅

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE REACTION BUTTON IF YOU LEARN ON THIS IDEA AND DON'T FORGET TO USE THE COMMENT SECTION IF YOU HAVE QUESTION.
THANK YOU !!

Attachments

• testApp.rar
    624 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thank po sa idea dagdag kaalaman na naman to.
walang anuman lods, happy coding ! :)
programmer here. tulungan tayo lods na matulungan sila. mag share din ako :cool:
yown sharing is caring :) mga basic info muna ako sa html /php and jquery tsaka na yung with database :)

programmer here. tulungan tayo lods na matulungan sila. mag share din ako :cool:
Paturo nman lodi 0 knowledge ako lodi. gusto ko sana matuto maging developer

Back
Top Bottom