What's new

Welcome to Pinoy Tech Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Kuwait's 7,000 New Female Domestic Workers in 2022; 63% are Filipinos

PepengAgimat

Established Netizen
𝖩𝗈𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽
Nov 29, 2021
𝖬𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾𝗌
𝖱𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝖲𝖼𝗈𝗋𝖾
𝖯𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗌
Jolo, Sulu
Shekels
₪245
Another indication of how desperate our kababayans are to leave the country. If you read through the article it says that average salaries for domestic workers are 100 Kuwaiti Dinars which is about 100 US Dollars or 5,500 Philippine Pesos. This pay is below the Philippine monthly national minimum wage even after paycheck deductions and yet another reflection of our government's inability to create enough decent paying jobs especially for those at the lower end of the social strata so much so that many of them are willing to risk being abused, separated from their loved ones or worse even losing their lives for such a measly compensation.

Over 7,000 New Female Domestic Workers Seen in 2022; 63% of the Workers are Filipinos

Last edited:
Check google conversion of Kuwait dinar to pesos today, 100 dinars = 18,283.76 pesos. Maybe it is not much considering the education attainment and qualification of the worker which we don't know

Check google conversion of Kuwait dinar to pesos today, 100 dinars = 18,283.76 pesos. Maybe it is not much considering the education attainment and qualification of the worker which we don't know
You're right. Maybe I picked a different kind of Dinar during the conversion i.e. Libyan, Jordanian, Iraq etc. At that rate, assuming that's already their take home pay it's way above the local minimum wage and shall I say "decent" if you're single considering they don't usually pay taxes, rent and maybe even food depending on the contract but still a challenge if you have a family to support. Education wise, I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of them have at least reached college like what you would commonly see in Hong Kong where even former teachers work in households there. Risk wise, considering the likelihood of facing abuse in the middle east I would say the payoff still isn't worth the risk. However. everyone of us has a different appetite for risk. The level of one's desperation also plays a big factor in venturing beyond your comfort zone.

Back
Top Bottom